Mrs Reeve is the career adviser from Positive Steps working at Copley Academy.
Lisa is based in the LRC on Mondays, alternate Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Positive Steps provide career guidance interviews to Y10/Y11 pupils. Pupils are encouraged to;
- Talk through career ideas.
- Supported to manage and plan their future career goals.
- Explore possibilities they may never have considered, raise aspirations and inspired to aim high.
- Information and advice on colleges/sixth forms, courses and higher education.
- Information on how to apply for apprenticeships at 16 and other work -based learning opportunities.
Lisa offers a drop-in service to all pupils on a Monday after school and Wednesday lunch time in the LRC. Pupils do not need an appointment. Pupils are welcome to ask questions about careers, colleges and apprenticeships.
Pupils should check the career board outside the LRC for regular updates on career, college and apprenticeship information.