Maths Curriculum Intent:
A GREAT mathematics pupil will:
- Be fluent mathematicians preparing them for real life, being work place ready and having an appreciation of how mathematics is used in the community
- Be knowledgeable of mathematical ideas
- Have the resilience to try different methods to problems
- Make connections between different concepts to see the bigger picture / Pupils are able to solve problems in unfamiliar context
- Become independent learners, determined to fill gaps in their knowledge
- Have a spark, flair and passion for learning. They will be hungry for new learning and enjoy mathematics. They will be proud and enthusiastic mathematicians
- Be creative in their reasoning and application
- Be confident to develop their own generalisations. Pupils can confidently communicate their mathematics understanding including key vocabulary
Key Stage 3
Key Stage 4
Year 11 Curriculum Maths 2021-2022
Due to the Covid Pandemic and the curriculum adaptations necessary, this year the Year 11 curriculum will be quite fluid with each class having a bespoke curriculum designed around question level analysis of internal mocks and assessments.
By having a bespoke curriculum for each class that develops throughout the year we can then best support your child within mathematics so that they can achieve the best possible outcome in Year 11.
The website will be updated on a termly basis so that you know the topics that your child will be covering in mathematics.