Coping with Covid
It has been a number of weeks since physical (social) distancing has seen greater emphasis, so it is possible that these measures are starting to affect staff and their families. To help, CST has shared these resources and signposts to support, which you are free to use, if they supplement anything you already use:
Mental well being
Keeping fit and healthy
30 Minute Movement Challenge
We are asking you to be active for 30 minutes a day, which may include running, walking and cycling, but this does not have to be challenging – you can do the gardening or get those arm muscles moving by baking a cake. Whatever your physical ability, this challenge is for everyone.
What sort of activities can I do?
- HIIT, Pilates, Yoga – whatever exercise floats your boat that day.
- Walking – it's great to try and get some fresh air everyday so why not incorporate this into your challenge?
- Baking – get your sweat on in the kitchen by cooking up a storm.
- Gardening – this can be a great workout too!
- Ultimately, you can get creative in this challenge by taking on whichever form of movement makes you happy (personally we think dancing in your kitchen is a good one!)
If you are doing something to focus on your thoughts will not wander and will not go to a ‘dark place’