Careers Support and Positive Steps
Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG)
Our Careers education, information, advice and guidance will:
- Provide good quality independent and impartial careers advice to students which both inspires and motivates them to fulfil their potential.
- Provide advice and guidance which is in the best interests of the student.
- Contribute to raising achievement; encouraging students to develop high aspirations and consider a broad and ambitious range of careers.
- Provide opportunities to work in partnership with employers, training providers, local colleges and others to provide opportunities to inspire students through real life contact with the world of work.
- Develop enterprise and employability skills, including skills for self-employment.
- Support inclusion, challenge stereotyping and promote equality of opportunity.
- Encourage students to see career development as a life-long process.
- Support students at key transition points.
At Copley Academy we measure our careers provision using the Compass+ Survey and assess the impact of the careers programme on pupils through regularly pupil voice and questioning of other relevant stakeholders.
Careers is taught within our GREAT Lives Curriculum as well as within all other curricular areas. To see our GREAT Lives (PSHE) curriculum please use the link below. GREAT Lives totals 50 minutes of learning time each week, with Year 7 students receiving an additional hour once a fortnight to support with their transition to the Academy.
If you are in Year 9 and need more help with options please see our Year 9 Options 2021 | Copley Academy
If you are in Year 11 and need further support with your post-16 pathway please see our further education section of the website
If you are generally interested in how to increase your range of employability skills and wider learning please see our aspirational learning section of the website
Employers and Schools are working together to increase the focus on employability skills, as the below document demonstrates-
Copley Academy's Career of the Month
Every month we provide students with a career and regional employer of the month to help increase their labour market information as well as how a subject direct links to the world of work.
Please have a look at our GREAT Career of the Month
The information on this page is reviewed every half term and the next review will be from the 1st November 2021.
For the Academy's Provider Access Arrangements please see the GAET policy link below.