Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG)
Our Careers education, information, advice and guidance will:
- Provide good quality independent and impartial careers advice to students which both inspires and motivates them to fulfil their potential.
- Provide advice and guidance which is in the best interests of the student.
- Contribute to raising achievement; encouraging students to develop high aspirations and consider a broad and ambitious range of careers.
- Provide opportunities to work in partnership with employers, training providers, local colleges and others to provide opportunities to inspire students through real life contact with the world of work.
- Develop enterprise and employability skills, including skills for self-employment.
- Support inclusion, challenge stereotyping and promote equality of opportunity.
- Encourage students to see career development as a life-long process.
- Support student at key transition points.
Positive Steps Careers Advice
Copley Academy are providing Year 10 students with the opportunity for virtual career interviews and to help Year 10 prepare for these we would like for them to watch the video on the link below then go through the PowerPoint presentation and workbook to ensure that they are maximising their time with the careers advisor.
If students let the careers advisor know that they are going to be doing this, they can then be available online via email for students with any queries and then triage those who need a call back.
Career of the Month
Here are the Copley Careers of the Month
The information on this page is reviewed every half term and the next review will be from Monday 1st June