Student Leadership Application Form
Student Leadership Team 2018 – 19
For all year groups
- From September onwards, Copley Academy will have a team of Student Leaders in place. These will be replacing the previous prefect structure.
- Student leaders will have a key role. They will be involved in lots of whole school events and initiatives as well as activities such as interviewing new staff and developing links with the community. Student leaders will be one of the ways the opinions and thoughts of Copley students can he heard and acted on.
- Student leaders will be expected to attend some training sessions and student leadership meetings to make sure they can do the best possible job of being the front face of Copley Academy. Alongside the responsibilities of the role there will also be specific student leadership rewards in place.
- As being a student leader is an important new role in school, there is a new selection process. This has been put in place to make the selection as fair as possible. You should think carefully about your application and ask for help and advice from your teachers and family when you are completing it.
- Being a student leader is open to everyone; although your BAP data will be considered there are no pre-set criteria – although enthusiasm and commitment are essential!
If you would like to apply you need to complete an application form and return to Mrs Patel by the 20th of June. You will find out whether you have been successful shortly after this date once all the applications have been carefully considered by the Senior Leadership Team and the Governors.
For current Year 10
- There will be 3 senior student leaders selected from the process. These SSLs will have a particularly high profile role (similar to the previous roles of Head Boy and Girl).
- If you would like to be considered for this role, you need to tick the box at the bottom of the application form. There will be an interview process to select the SSLs. This will include you preparing a presentation about how you would use the role of SSL to add value to our Copley Academy community.