Mobile Phone, MP3, iPad Protocol
The school understands that students will want to use mobile technology outside of the school day. We also understand that parents need to contact children, particularly after school. Therefore, students who wish to bring a mobile phone to school must abide by the following rules:
- Mobile phones must be turned off in lessons. If a phone rings during the lesson it will be confiscated. Pupils may collect their phones from the upper reception desk, after school at 3.15 pm.
- If a phone is seen or heard during the school day, it will be confiscated. Pupils may collect their phones from the upper reception desk, after school at 3.15 pm.
- Phones may not be used in lessons as calculators.
- Phones are not allowed in examination rooms.
- Phones may not be used in school for playing music. Immediate confiscation of phone and headphones will apply and these will be returned at the end of the school day.
- The taking of any images whilst in school, by a mobile phone camera is strictly forbidden.
- Students may not use mobile phones to contact parents during the school day unless given express permission by a member of staff.
- The Principal’s decision on all matters of mobile phone protocol is final.
We advise that students do not bring expensive electronic items to school as we cannot be responsible for their loss.