Exam Season Arrangements
Exam Season Arrangements – Copley Academy
Key things for all year 11 pupils to be aware of:
- All pupils will be in full time until the end of the last full cohort exam (Science on 15th June). After 15th June you will only be expected to attend for exams and pre-arranged revision sessions or by individual arrangement with staff.
- After you have completed the exam for a particular subject, you should continue to attend classes as normal. In these lessons your class teacher will supervise you whilst you study or revise for other lessons. Therefore please bring study materials and revision guides to these lessons so that you can start work straight away.
- From the 15th May the whole school timetable will change in order to better accommodate afternoon exams. Therefore the timetable will run as follows for all year groups from 15th May: p1/p2, break, p3, lunch, p4, p5. The adapted timetable will run each day (rather than only on exam days) in order to limit confusion.
THE MORNING OF YOUR EXAM
- Breakfast booster sessions have been timetabled to allow you to see your subject teacher prior to a morning exam. You are expected to attend before each of your exams. These will be taught sessions with last minute information for the exam, tips and activities to prepare you for the test. Fresh fruit and water will be made available in these sessions. Breakfast boosters will take place in the English block classrooms between 8-8.30. This will be a year 11 only area before school for the duration of the exam period.
- At 8.30 pupils in year 11 will be released by subject teams and asked to make their way to the dining hall where they will be registered by form tutors. Your form tutor will stay with you in the dining room each morning. If you don’t have an exam on that day please be respectful of others that do. You should sit quietly with your form until the start of p1.
- For some afternoon exams we have timetabled slots during p3 for subject teams to see their groups. Your class teacher will give you more information.
- P6 sessions will continue to take place through exam season. You are expected to attend p6 sessions for the subjects you study.